Signs of Mold

What is mold?

Mold is a member of the fungi family. It grows from mold spores that land on a wet or moisture-filled surface. As they grow, they will become visible, but they can also float through the air undetected.

In Your Home

  • Mold is more likely to grow in areas with constant moisture and little light such as basements, attics or even corners of your home. Also, areas behind furniture that receive little light as susceptible to mold as well. Make sure to always clean up even small spills. Moisture is mold’s best friend.
  • An unknown earthy or musty smell is a fair warning that there could be mold present somewhere within your home.
  • Is there a crack in an area of your home that’s expanding? A warped situation that continues to grow? Both can be a sign of present mold.

Possible Allergens

Mold allergens vary between each individual person. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, consider talking with your doctor about potential mold exposure.

  • Coughing/Wheezing
  • Runny nose/Sneezing
  • Sore Throat
  • Lung Irritation
  • Skin Rash
  • Headache

Where Can It Sneak In?

  • Heating and Air Conditioning Vents
  • Windows and Doors
  • Pets
  • Personal Property and Clothing


Currently, there is no test to gauge what level of mold can be harmful to your home and your family. But there are many ways to find out! Look around your home for the signs and pay attention to how you and your family are feeling.

Be mold free! Have a background-checked and verified member of Team Dave Logan come out to give your home an inspection!

Mold Category | Team Dave Logan