Having your home’s electrical system inspected may not always be top of mind, but it is an important part of home maintenance. Here are some reasons why you may want to contact a state licensed Team Dave Logan electrician to look at your system.
- Your home is more than 25 years old. Older homes generally have older systems that may not be up to the challenge of powering all of your devices. If your home is over 25, you should have your system inspected to see if you need an upgrade.
- You notice sparks or get shocked when you plug something into your outlets. Sparks or electrical shocks are indicative of a serious issue and should not be overlooked. If you notice these, be sure to contact an electrician right away to ensure your home is safe.
- You don’t have any GFCIs. Your home may not be up to code if you don’t have any GFCIs (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters) on your outlets near water. Not only is this dangerous, but it could impact your home’s resale value, as today’s homebuyers expect GFCIs in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Your circuit breaker trips frequently. It’s not necessarily a bad thing if your circuit breaker trips every now and then. In fact, it’s what they’re supposed to do when they’re overloaded. But if your circuit breaker trips all the time, you’ll want to get an electrician to take a look at it.
- Light bulbs flicker or burn out too often. There are a lot of factors that can cause bulbs to burn out too quickly or make lights flicker, so isolating the exact cause of these issues can be challenging for the average homeowner. If you’re experiencing problems with your lights, it’s best to contact an electrician and have them assess the problem.