by Dave Logan
We all know Denver home improvement projects typically aren’t cheap. In fact, many large-scale home improvement projects can run well into six figures. We won’t be talking about any of those today, however. Instead, we’re going to show you our “top five under five” (hundred, that is) list.
1) Throw on a fresh coat of paint. Face it, that boring beige color you’ve been tolerating in your living room is ready for a fresh color. So what are you waiting for? Grab a brush, put the kids to work, and refresh the area. Finish by hanging a new piece of art or photograph.
2) Clean your duct system. For somewhere between $150 to $500 (on average), you can get this knocked out for you. And this little effort has big impact! Your heating appliance will run more efficiently (saving you money), and you will realize a noticeable boost in your home’s air quality. If you have allergies or respiratory problems, this is an inexpensive project to make top priority!
3) Clean your carpets. Most folks wait way too long to get their carpets professionally cleaned. Stains, pet dander, and allergens will eventually get to you. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Once a year (that’s right, mark your calendar now), have those carpets cleaned. If you or a loved one suffers from allergies, you will be thankful you get this done each and every year without fail. Your carpets will last much longer and look better, too. For about 20 cents per square foot, this improvement will most likely run you less than $500.
4) Install an outdoor fire pit in your yard. Hey, it’s getting colder outside, so this is an excellent idea. This project will cost you some good sweat equity, but it will be well worth it for years to come. Stay warm and eat s’mores!
5) Hire a carpenter or handyman! Dare we say that? Of course we do! Many projects you need (or want) done around your house can be done for $500 or less. Drywall repairs, Door and window repair, gutter cleaning, storm window installation, and leaky faucet repair are just a few inexpensive projects. Remember that you will likely have to pay a fee just to get the contractor to your home, so have them come out and take care of multiple projects for you at once.
For more helpful information on these and other Denver home improvement projects, check in often with the TDL Blog. And don’t forget to visit TeamDaveLogan.com to find a trusted home improvement professional in Denver and Boulder that will help you with your next project!