So you’ve decided that you are going to wash your own windows and you want to know the best way to do it and what you will need. Well, we are going to tell you!
- You will need to get a stepstool or ladder, a brush (we suggest the ones that look like a lamb cloth is wrapped around it), newspaper, a bucket, and clean washcloths.
- Dust the window frames and sills first. Picking up all that dirt and spreading it around on the windows doesn’t help!
- Wipe the glass first to get rid of the big stuff and then wet a cloth with a vinegar and water or ammonia and water mixture.
- Start at the top windows and wash each pane. Make sure you get those corners!
- Take a clean cloth and wipe the window down to minimize streaks.
If you decided that this is actually too much work or you don’t like being on a ladder, please use one of our Denver pre-screened contractors!