Have a stain in your carpet that you just can’t seem to get out? For most of us, cutting a chunk of the carpet out is not an option, but we understand if you just can’t see that stain there one more day. Here’s a home solution that you might try.
- Mix one part white vinegar with one part water.
- Put this solution in a spray bottle and saturate the stain.
- Let the vinegar and water sit on the carpet without blotting for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Use a clean sponge in a rubbing motion to pull the stain from the offending area.
- Rinse the stain with warm water, then fluff up the carpet into its natural direction.
- Take a bunch of paper towels and a heavy book and place it atop the stain to soak up the excess liquid.
- Allow it to dry and vacuum.
If you were not successful, you may have to call a professional to get the stain out. Stains that have sugar, such as syrup and wine can be hard to remove as they tend to come back.
If you need professional assistance, please use one of our pre-screened contractors and they will be able to get that darn spot out!