When it’s time to select a roofing contractor, remember that all roofing contractors are not alike. A new roof is a big investment. Take your time and make a smart decision. Use good common sense and follow these guidelines.
- Know that anything you sign — no matter what you are told — is a binding contract! Make sure the agreement includes cost, type of material, warranties and payment terms. Do not make any verbal agreements nor sign a contract that does not have a cost!
- Don’t pay for work or materials in advance. Never pay in full for a job that has yet to be completed to your satisfaction.
- Don’t proceed without the contractor’s proof of workers compensation and general liability insurance. Check with the insurance company to see if it’s still in force.
- Avoid hiring a storm chasing roofer since they may not be around to honor warranties. TeamDaveLogan.com means local roofers with good reviews.
- Contact your Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints on file against the contractor.
- Ask the contractor for a copy of his license and make sure a permit is pulled before work begins. You may want to verify this information with your city or county and see if there are any complaints on file.