Summer will be approaching us soon
Check Your Air Filter Often
- It is normal for your HVAC system to work harder during the summer season. Consider replacing the air filter soon to start off summer. Depending on the size of your home, it’s recommended to check every thirty days throughout the summer and replace it when necessary.
- Clean out all leftovers and items that have an expired date. Wash all the trays and compartments to have your refrigerator ready for all the yummy summer food. Speaking of summer ready, remove all holiday décor and pictures and replace with warm season excitement! Refrigerators can cause surprisingly high energy usage. To receive the highest performance, cleaning the coils is recommended.
- Turning your ceiling fans counterclockwise, especially in high-trafficked rooms, will pull the warm air up against the ceiling and simultaneously push it down against the walls. This action will stimulate and circulate cooler air throughout the room.
Search for Leaks
- Check and test the caulking and stripping around the windows and doors of your home to ensure that the cooler air is remaining inside.
Clean the Gutters
- Direct the summertime rain away from the foundation and siding of your home by cleaning out all debris from your gutters. Cleaning your gutters is important throughout the year but especially when preparing your home for summer.
- Clear dust, debris, and cobwebs off your front and back patio. Hose down any patio furniture including chairs, tables, and wash the cushions. Consider adding new décor to any area where you will be entertaining friends and family.
Call A Professional
Maybe you don’t have the time or desire to accomplish any or all these summer prep recommendations to your home. Contact a trusted Team Dave Logan member to get your home summer ready!