Creating a "Plan of Repair"

If you are experiencing foundation problems, heaving, settling, or bowing of the foundation walls, it is important to follow these steps and put yourself in the driver’s seat.

Contact a licensed structural engineer who specializes in foundation repair. Have them prepare a “Plan of Repair” based on the damage that has occurred.

Once you receive the plan from the engineer, contact foundation repair contractors to provide you with estimates based on the “Plan of Repair”. This will prevent you from having several different opinions on what the best method of repair will be, and you having to determine who is making the right assumptions. In the end, it will save you time and money.