Company: TNT Plumbing Heating and Cooling
Location: Firestone, CO
We are looking for a skilled and hardworking individual to join our team as a Plumbing and HVAC Helper. The responsibilities of the Helper include performing routine maintenance, replacing parts, repairing machinery, and furnishing the Plumbing and HVAC Technicians with tools, materials, and supplies as well as to assist our staff with basic plumbing installations and repairs. You may also be required to perform basic plumbing services such as replacing toilet rings and faucet In this role, you will be supporting our qualified plumbers and HVAC technicians with their daily tasks. washers. You will gain a strong working knowledge of Plumbing and HVAC systems as well as the tools related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of these systems.
To ensure success as a Helper, you should have excellent physical fitness (ability to lift 80lbs), good with your hands, and able to effectively follow instructions have a strong desire to learn, and detailed knowledge of plumbing and HVAC techniques. Ultimately, a top-class Helper reduces time to finish a job by handling smaller tasks and assisting with major repairs.
- Packing and sorting plumbing equipment for each job.
- Locating pipe leaks and preparing the work area.
- Fetching tools and buying additional stock and equipment.
- Cutting open walls and structures to expose pipes.
- Installing garbage disposals.
- Adjusting water pressure valves.
- Assisting the Plumber with plumbing installations and repairs.
- Replacing faucet washers and toilet wax rings.
- Measuring, cutting, and threading pipes.
- Installing gutters, drainpipes, and runoff systems.
- Assisting with the installation of HVAC systems on commercial and residential properties.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing roof units for heating and air conditioning as well as the units inside residential and commercial buildings.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools needed for HVAC installation.
- Cleaning and replacing air ducts.
- Following instructions for picking up and delivering parts, tools, materials, and supplies to and from the job site.
- Ensuring all tools, materials, and equipment are in good working order.
- Completing preventative maintenance on HVAC systems and the associated equipment.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ensuring all HVAC systems remain compliant with industry standards and regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of plumbing equipment and techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Advanced mechanical skills.
- Good physical fitness and dexterity.
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving abilities.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work after-hours if a job runs past 5pm.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Familiarity (or willingness to learn ) all tools and equipment necessary for Plumbing installation and service as well as HVAC installation and maintenance.