Company: Johnson Moving and Storage
Join America’s #1 Family Mover®, Johnson Moving and Storage, as a part of one of our moving crew teams.
Members of our “Moving Crews” are responsible for moving, packing, wrapping, inventory and transport of household goods for our customers. You’ll be required to lift 75lbs+, and work with a team of other movers to help carefully get your clients’ belongings safely moved to their new home.
Moving Crew: Household Goods
Under the supervision of the Move Supervisor (driver/crew chief), this individual assists with moving, packing, wrapping, inventory and transport of household goods in a professional manner. He/she works collaboratively within an assigned team to deliver a positive and successful relocation and ensures a positive customer experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with other crew members, clients and moving consultants
- Must successfully pass a criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be capable of lifting 75+ pounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist/help with the pick-up (loading), transportation and delivery (unloading and placement) of household goods/equipment in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Routinely lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with material handling equipment such as a hand truck or dolly
- Receive instructions from the crew leader and adhere to all company policies and safety rules
Represent Johnson in a professional manner
- Work with other team members to ensure satisfaction and contact compliance
- Pack, unpack and wrap/unwrap household goods items per customer specifications when required
- Perform all duties in adherence with company safety standards
- Perform work within the specifications of the estimate of man hours
- Wear a company uniform and maintain a clean and professional appearance while representing the company and delivering service to customers
- Remain responsible for the proper use of all company equipment, packing materials and company vehicles while in transit, at a customer site, returning to a Johnson facility or while visiting other facilities for delivery, pickup, etc.
- Display professional conduct, courtesy and manners when entering and performing work in the customer’s home.
- Remain respectful of property and professional spaces