Company: Johnson Moving and Storage
Location: Denver, CO
Our drivers are no ordinary over-the-road truck drivers. We need team members who are capable of managing every aspect of our customers’ moving experience, from walk-thru with the client, orchestrating the packing, securing and moving of their furniture to transporting their household goods to their new home.
If you are a hard worker, want to earn a significant income and have the customer service skills to go above and beyond to satisfy our clients, then consider joining the Johnson Storage & Moving family today!
Driver: CDL Class A
This individual drives a tractor-trailer combination to transport and deliver household goods in loose or packaged form, facilitating the relocation of residential household goods for customers locally.
- Active Class “A” CDL License
- Prior moving and storage or furniture delivery experience
- Experience as a crew leader, supervisor or logistics specialist
- DOT physical card
- Stamina to lift heavy items (75 lbs. or more) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to process paperwork
- Strong problem solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is desired
- Customer service skills with the ability to manage ever-changing conditions and customer expectations, responding promptly to customer needs
- Behavior that is in accordance with policies and procedures, with adaptability to changing environments and scope of work modifications
- Dependable and timely delivery, management of road labor, and a strong commitment to long hours of work when necessary to achieve delivery goals
- High level of professionalism and customer service when working with clients, with the ability to keep emotions under control, speak clearly and persuasively in all situations, and represents the company with integrity and professional courtesy
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner safely and securely, manage safety and security procedures for self and crews, and use equipment and materials properly
- • Maintain clean driving record and abide by all laws concerning the operation of a commercial vehicle • Remain responsible for paperwork and equipment lineup to ensure that all delivery equipment, supplies and handling equipment are loaded on the truck, reporting any missing or inconsistent items immediately • Perform pre-trip inspection and report problems immediately to dispatch operations • Execute activities as assigned by Dispatch and immediately report any routing or service changes encountered • Initiate and maintain a professional report to the customer • Perform thorough walk-throughs with customers before and after moves • Review paperwork with customers and obtain appropriate signatures and/or payments as required • Manage the packing of household goods and the padding and moving of furniture with safety and care • Perform deliveries/removals according to customer specifications, including de-servicing, disassemble/reassemble, installation, residence protection and customer reporting • Ensures all equipment returns to truck and/or facility upon completion of job • Clean truck upon return to facility and properly remove any stored equipment • Maintain contact throughout each day with dispatch/operations • Lift, move and place heavy items by hand or with material handling equipment such as a hand truck or dolly