by Dave Logan
February is here! Before long, it will be springtime and there will be a whole new list of things to prepare for. In the interim, we’ve compiled a little “checklist” of things to stay on top of this month. Enjoy!
- Examine your thermostat’s accuracy and replace it if necessary.
- Clean your clothes dryer vent duct. It’s the number two cause of house fires!
- Check fire extinguishers and refill or replace them as needed.
- Clean the coils in the rear of your refrigerator unit.
- Replace or clean your furnace filters.
- Test your smoke detectors and replace if necessary.
- Clean your stove burner grates. Those things get pretty funky, so give them a good scrubbing.
- Wipe down and disinfect all doorknobs.
- Wipe down and disinfect your kitchen cabinets.
- Clean and dust all of your ceiling fan blades.
- Dust all furniture and hard surfaces.
- Vacuum and mop all floors.
- Scrub and disinfect your kitchen sink.
- Wipe down the surfaces of all appliances.
- Clean and scrub down the shower.
- Wipe down and disinfect your counters.
- Scrub and disinfect all toilets (c’mon, it’s fun!).
We hope this is helpful for you and remember: cleanliness is next to godliness!